It’s been a wonderful surprise and a proud moment for me to receive my first ever nomination for an award. I’d never have imagined 6 weeks ago that I’d be writing a blog that people would enjoy reading, so this first nomination means an awful lot. A GIGANTIC THANK YOU to the fabulous Mrs.S.LDN for nominating me.
I highly recommend that you take a cheeky look at this lovely lady’s blog at https://mrssldn.com/ She blogs about living in London, being married, her travels and her thoughts and feelings on life. It is a joy to read and she’s one of the bloggers where I eagerly await the next post. The only reason I don’t click like on every single post is for fear of being considered a stalker!
What is this award?
“What is this award, anyway??” I hear you ask. Well, I’ll tell you: The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers. I gratefully accept this award and will share the sunshine by nominating some of the bloggers who I feel shine the brightest in my life. There are far more than 11 but that’s the amount I have to choose, so I will save the others for another award when the time comes.
How it works – The Rules:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award (making sure each one knows they are nominated) and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Thank you for this interesting set of questions, Mrs.S.LDN. Here are my answers. I hope they don’t disappoint:
1) If you could be any other nationality, other than your own, which would you be?
Spanish. I adore the culture. The Spanish way of life is so relaxed, very family-orientated and they have a great work/life balance. I easily get stressed out, so I admire their relaxed disposition and zest for life.
2) If you could buy the holiday home of your dreams, where would it be?
Mauritius, which also happens to be our honeymoon destination. For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to visit. Having the opportunity to own a holiday home there would be an absolute dream come true!! (Please take note all potential, generous benefactors).
3) Would you ever jump out of a plane? Parachute included 🙂
ABSOLUTELY! I’ve always wanted to skydive. The longer I leave it, the more pressure I feel to be a responsible adult and keep my feet placed firmly on the ground…I best get jumping out of a plane soon then!
4) If you could domesticate any wild animal to have as a pet, what animal would you pick?
Giant Panda – so that it could be as cute and cuddly as it looks.
5) What household chore would you like to never have to do again?
Laundry! It’s a job that never gets done because there will ALWAYS be something dirty to wash. No matter how much you try and keep on top of it, the laundry pile always wins!!
6) What’s your favourite cocktail?
Choosing a favourite is tricky, because I simply ADORE cocktails. I would have to say that my absolute failsafe is a Piña Colada – an oldie but a goodie.
7) Can you parallel park?
Yes. How well depends on the day, my mood, the car I’m driving, the weather…
8) What kind of food do you like to snack on?
Anything and everything!!! This is my problem!! I love food too much and I’m scared that my wedding dress will hate me for it.
9) Can you go a whole day without your phone or access to wifi?
I could go a whole lifetime without a phone or access to wifi. I think not being able to access so much information would make me less stressed and anxious in life.
10) Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
Read the book. The characters in my head always look much better than the choice of actors/actresses in the films.
11) What is your signature dish?
A Sunday roast with all the trimmings.
Now for the difficult part. I’ve managed to choose my 11 nominees and they are as follows:
- Saturday Night Stitch – Hila has so much energy and a great thirst for life. It’s evident in every post. Plus, she looks AMAZING in her sewing creations. My goal is to sew AND look as fabulous as her in the future. #lifegoals
- Olive and Clo – I’m absolutely blown away by Linda’s dedication, commitment, attention to detail and impeccable taste. Overall, her sweet and fun nature comes across so well on her site. A beautiful individual inside and out.
- Carmen Sews – I feel as though Carmen is my older, American sister. Those few steps ahead, achieving all of the things that you have in mind to, but you’ve only just started your journey. Whenever I see that Carmen has achieved something fantastic in her sewing, it gives me the encouragement to carry on and succeed.
- Thimberlina – The simple fact that Ali is from Yorkshire is enough for me! I had some of my best experiences studying and living in Yorkshire and the people are lovely. As if that wasn’t enough, she sews and plays golf! I love her passion for sewing and her involvement in the sewing community. That’s definitely something that I aspire to.
- The Crafty Mummy – Kasia is just a bundle of joy. She was the very first person to reach out to me, via my Facebook page, when I first started on my sewing journey. These first few months of blogging and starting something new are the hardest, but I found her blog and her story so encouraging. Also, she has a successful business creating lovely products and her blog is filled to the brim with beautiful photographs. #businessgoals
- Life as I Interpret It – An inspirational individual whose blog I find motivational. Also, such a lovely person who offers encouragement and support to others.
- Paper Puff – SO creative!! I love seeing the next creation and admiring the patience and talent required to make cards with such a great level of care and dedication.
- Sew Norfolk – Danie is a fellow Norfolk resident, so I immediately feel an affinity with her blog. She has started an Etsy shop, which is my next goal and I enjoy watching her progress with her projects.
- Smile and Make – Lucy is simply inspirational! She is raising funds for brain tumour research in memory of her husband, through The Brain Tumour Charity: The Michael Barry Fund. Read more here: https://www.thebraintumourcharity.org/get-involved/supporter-groups/groups/the-michael-barry-fund/ Lucy’s handmade garments are spectacularly bright and unique and her passion for life and for fundraising is extremely admirable.
- Crafty Crusader – When I read this blog, I feel as though I have found my London counterpart. This lady can turn her hand to baking, sewing, knitting, gardening and produce something great.
- Self Assembly Required – Emily’s blog was one of the first I followed. It was through reading her posts that I found out about ‘The Bettine’ pattern and completed my first, me-made, dress. I love her enthusiasm and passion for sewing, plus the way she challenges herself with her projects. Whether that be with her choice of fabric or the different twists that she incorporates into the design. In my eyes, she’s definitely part of a group of sewists who set the trends in the sewing community and I avidly follow!
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- Did you have any other names in mind for your blog (if so, what were they)?
- If you could choose a language to be fluent in, which would it be?
- What is the best joke that you know?
- When it comes to food, do you prefer sweet or savoury?
- Which blog post are you most excited to upload?
- What is your favourite project that you have completed so far?
- What was your last search on Google?
- What song can you not get out of your head at the moment?
- What is the best gift that you have received?
- If you were a superhero, what would be your superpower?
- What is your favourite day of the week?
To my nominees, you are free to accept or reject this award (no offence taken). Either way, you will continue to be a source of inspiration for me. To those of you who do take part, I’m looking forward to seeing your answers!
6 thoughts on “My First Nomination – Sunshine Blogger Award”
Thank you for your lovely words about my little ole blog!!!
Loved your answers, loved your nominee’s to! Visited each one and I can see why you love them!
Keep up the good work!! Lots of Love….
Mrs S xxx
LikeLiked by 1 person
loved reading this post; thank you so much for your kind words 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re very welcome. I meant every word 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hahaha! Panda LOL. Yes, that would be super adorable. And I could not agree more on the laundry front. Unfortunately that and ironing is my weekly chore (partner gets toilet cleaning and vacuuming, mwahahah).
And Mauritius!? I am so unbelievably jealous. What a stunning place that is going to be to visit!
Well, I adored getting to know you more. I will make sure to post re: this award later this week.
It’s currently 4:30 am in Australia – and I am sitting at the airport about to board a flight for work! Cries!!
Anyways. Thanks again for the nomination! xo
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hahahaha cleaning the toilet and vacuuming are ‘blue’ jobs in our household, too. Great minds thinks alike 😉 I’m starting to get more excited about the honeymoon as the weeks go by! I look forward to your post. I can’t stop looking at your website. Definitely aspiring to be even half as fabulous at sharing my content as you are. Safe journey and have a wonderful working week 😘 xo